We should no longer aspire to a smaller girth. In fact to be perfect you want to be what has so far been considered overweight or even obese. Current ideal waist size is not what you may have in mind! This is not a joke!
Dr. Oz and Dr.Roizen, authors of “You: Losing Weight” have proclaimed: “set your goal to waist size, not weight: The ideal for women is 32 1/2 inches; for men it’s 35”. In just a few paragraphs you will know how to get that ideal waist size regardless of your gender and age. All you need to do is the advice below.
That new perfect waist size standard got me worried. My waist is 27”, definitely not ideal according to the experts above. I am not even near perfect, I am far too thin, maybe even sick. I will need to do something urgently!
If I pig out on pizzas and sodas, I should quickly be on my way to fit better into this new standard. Maybe, after a few weeks of changing my diet I will end up with an ideal waist. Then I will finally fit the statistical North American average, which until now has been considered overweight, unhealthy and unhappy.
Predictably I will increase my disease risk, but what the heck, what one wouldn’t do just to stay together with the pack. If I don’t, I may risk ruining my statistically perfect image and possibly my marriage. After all, my husband may ditch me for a bikini-perfect 32 1/2.
Ideal waist to hip ratio
Worrying about my newly revealed non-ideal state, I crunched some numbers. Waist to hip ratio has a strong correlation with health and wellbeing. A healthy and attractive waist to hip ratio is 0.7. That’s what I want, so for a 32 ½ waist size my hips should be 46 ½ inches. I have checked a few measurements and 46 ½” hips fit a size 16.
If you are size 16, but want something smaller, like size 12 or 10, forget it! You are just size-perfect, despite that cellulite and the knee pain that may have bothered you. Abandon those dreams! Size 16 is the ideal size. Nothing to worry about, because future health expenses related to obesity will be covered by a generous government health plan, via a further inflated national debt!!
All kidding aside, did you know that an average size 16 woman weighs approximately 190lb? That is a BMI of 29.9, which is the end range of just being overweight and the beginnings of obesity. Many health problems are related to an increased BMI:
- high risk for metabolic syndrome,
- high blood pressure,
- joint problems,
- heart disease,
- and accelerated aging to name a few.
And that’s what everybody in North America is suffering from. But why do we have such poor health? Because we follow poor advice! However If you strive to have this ideal size 16, this is what you’ll want to do:
How to get a less then perfect waist size
- Eat plenty of fructose (fruits, fruit juices, natural fructose-based sweeteners etc.). It will lead to a fatty liver in a short time and your waist will surely follow. Juicing for health rules – part 1
- Eat plenty of grains, so you can load up on carbohydrates, especially the generous amount of gluten is perfect for gut problems and metabolic syndrome.
- Indulge in a lot of unsaturated fats, especially PUFA type, like omega-6. These are readily available from canola oil, soy oil, and sunflower oil. Easily found in salad dressings, they are excellent for fueling inflammation. Almond milk – any almond in there? part
- Skip saturated fats, especially butter and coconut oil, so your mitochondria (the power houses) will switch from using fats to sugars. This way they can create more free radicals for accelerated aging. Why I eat saturated fat
- Oh, and exercise. Walking is especially good. You can easily lose that one pound of fat in three months. This is how you do it. Stop dusting your house, it only burns 148cal/hr. Walking is much better, at a moderate pace it burns 195 cal/hr. That 50cal/hr difference is extremely crucial. It will get you burning those 3,500cal in no longer than 70 hours and that’s equivalent to losing 1 pound of body weight.
Examine your lifestyle factors
Let me put it in perspective. If you are size 16 and health-oriented, this is probably what you do: keep a low fat diet, avoid animal products, focus on whole grain, eat plenty of fresh fruit and walk for exercise. Good for you. You are size 16 and will stay that way. Congratulation! You are statistically perfect.
Well, I don’t want to be a size 16 nor do I want any of the health related problems. I will skip the advice from beloved TV characters propagated by the media, it is not always that great.
I will stick to my 27″ waist, 0.72 waist to hip ratio, my 6 egg yolks in the morning, skin-friendly real butter, and full of saturated-fat whipping cream on my fruits. I will stick to my high-calorie non-deprived dietary state, vibrant health, and size 3 pants.
I will also stick to the idea that I will be the only woman on the beach my husband will be peeking at. I am 48 years old and I love it!
I hope I made you think…